Create a Space That Recognizes Creativity

Updated: 6 days ago

By Jennifer L. Davidson

Clearly, the photo I've chosen for this post DOES NOT match what a space designed for creativity should look like. But if your kids are anything like mine, their rooms are a catastrophe and the only thing creative happening in there is where to hide candy wrappers or empty boxes of Cheez-It crackers.


A creative space should be conducive to the imagination taking over 90% of your thoughts, while the other 10% keeps you grounded and organized, and is capable of reeling in those ideas that escape to an entirely different realm. It should be clear of reminders that you have other tasks to complete. It should be relaxing and provide a calm atmosphere away from any distractions.


Sound impossible? It doesn't have to be. It can be as simple as a cleared desk, a nicely made bed, a spot at the kitchen table when everyone else is in the family room, or a seat on the floor in the cleanest bedroom in the house.


Once you find the spot, the rest is easy. Write. Then write some more. Repeat the next day. And never give up if it's what you love to do.

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

©2020 by Rochester Writing Lab. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram