If students learn to love writing at an early age, I believe they'll be more confident writers and all around better communicators in the future. This book gives young writers instructions to create unique monster stories, along with the freedom to imagine the wildest monsters possible.
This 40-page workbook for young writers in grades K-2 includes:
- Instructions and examples for students to create at least 6 monsters; 4 based on my descriptions, 2 on their own
- Instructions and examples for students to give each monster a little something extra: a superpower!
- A simple 1-page explanation about adding a setting, goal, problem, and solution that fits with each monster's personality and abilities
- A 1-page explanation and example for creating a story map
- Four story outlines in need of a story map and story
- Extra pages ready for students to create more monster stories
- Original monster drawings on every page